Carthage Convention and Visitor’s Bureau anticipates a fantastic fall season in 2014 packed with family events. With traditional opportunities available as well as special events, Carthage offers individuals and families a variety of opportunities for fun as the season changes. Celebrate the preeminent season in the Maple Leaf City!
- Red Oak II is a work in progress with a range of classic buildings that will take you back to yesteryear; wander aimlessly anytime or join the gang for Pickin’ & Singin’ on a Saturday night.
- FREE -Route 66 Museum located inside the Jasper County Courthouse. The Museum display features timeline highlights of the history of the automobile in America and Route 66. www.jaspercounty.org
- FREE – Stop by the CVB office to pick up a Visitor’s Guide featuring a Historic Driving Tour of the homes of Carthage.
- The Carthage Golf Course features a beautiful 18 Hole Championship course and driving range located on Route 66. www.carthagegolfcourse.com
- FREE – Participate in the Governor’s 100 mile challenge; hike on the historic Ruby Jack Trail or a bike ride at Walnut Bottoms Trail.
- Find a long lost secret at the Jasper County Records Center.
- FREE – Carthage Historic Downtown Art Walk on September 26. www.carthageartwalk.org
- Check out the Fall Festival benefiting the United Way at Leggett & Platt on October 4.
- Stroll through the gardens at the Stations of the Cross & the Congregation of the Mother Co-Redemptrix.
- Experience food lover’s delight with a Wine Maker’s Dinner at the White Rose Winery.
- Live Music at the Woodshed on the Historic Carthage Square EVERY Friday.
- artCentral presents Helen Kunze and the Drawn Together girls on September 12 thru September 28.
- FREE – The Civil War Museum features exhibits from the Civil War in Missouri including correspondence from families in the area as well as several works featuring the Civil War in Carthage by Andy Thomas.
- FREE – Maple Leaf Festival Quilt Show display at Power’s Museum on October 3- November 1. www.powersmuseum.com
- Have you tried an art class at Cherry’s? Catch them on Saturdays or Canvas and Cocktails the second Thursday and forth Tuesday of each month.
- Cool down with a sweet treat – Deluxe Creamery, Braum’s, Shake’s, Sonic or McDonald’s.
- Heat things up at Mother Road Coffee. Read a whole book in one day and eat a brownie too.
- Ultimate Date Night – Book a room at the Grand Avenue Bed & Breakfast.
- Find authentic cuisine and baked specialties from a variety of Latin American countries at restaurants and grocers near the Historic Carthage Square.
- Lucky J Steakhouse and Arena has a variety of fun events. Check out their calendar – www.luckyjarena.com
- Stone’s Throw Dinner Theatre presents The 39 Steps October 3-5 & October 10-12.
- FREE – Farm Girl Festival out at Kendrick House on October 4 & 5.
- FREE – artCentral presents the work of James Oliver opening October 10.
- MAPLE LEAF FESTIVAL OCTOBER 11-18
- NEW – Mother Road Bicycle Tour on October 11.
- NEW – Celebrate elegance at the Maple Leaf Harp Concert on October 12.
- NEW – Maple Leaf Movie Night – It’s a Mad, Mad, Mad World FREE on October 13.
- FREE – Civil War Encampment at Kendrick House October 17 & 18
- Support the Carthage Rotary Club with Brats on the Square on October 17 & 18.
- NEW – Cruise Night has moved to the Square. Preview the Big Car Show!
- FREE – MAPLE LEAF FESTIVAL PARADE DAY starts at 9 am on October 18
- FREE – Precious Moments Chapel & Gardens features the life and work of Precious Moments artist, Sam Butcher. www.preciousmomentschapel.org
- NEW – Carthage Council on the Arts brings a live German Band to Memorial Hall! $15 to dance the night away on October 18.
- FREE – Watch the leaves fall in Central Park.
- FREE – Catch a few rounds of Disc Golf at the NEW Disc Golf Course at Kellogg Lake!
- FREE – Shred some rails at the Carthage Skateboard Park.
- Have some Humble Pie or Blaizen Coffee.
- Go Karts? check out Civil War Ranch – www.civilwararena.com.
- FREE – Cruise Historic Route 66 throughout Jasper County.
- Browse at an Art Gallery: artCentral, Cherry’s Art Emporium on the Square, Koka Art Gallery, Maze Creek, and The Swap Meet
- Sit in an Adirondack chair with the ladies at Boots Court on Route 66.
- Antique shopping on the Historic Carthage Square at Goad’s, The Maple Leaf Marketplace, McBride’s and The Screen Door.
- Check out the Calendar of Events at the Fair Acres Family YMCA. www.fairacresymca.com
- FREE – Check out the Calendar of Events at the Carthage Library. www.carthage.lib.mo.us
- Go bowling at Star Lanes Bowling Alley.
- Grab sodas & ice cream and catch up with an old friend at the Carthage Deli.
- Fill a basket with goodies from the Carthage Farmers Market on Wednesdays and Saturdays on the Historic Carthage Square.
- Make sure the kids throw their hands in the air as you cruise over the Whee Bridge.
- People watch on the square; listen to the fun accents of all the Courthouse photographers. Smile & welcome someone to town.
- FREE – PHOTOBOMB a Carthage statue and share #CarthageMO on Twitter and Instagram!
Bonus idea: Sign up for our e-mail information on more events in Carthage
Carthage Convention & Visitor’s Bureau
Twitter & Pinterest: @CarthageCVB