Visit our fantastic fall season in 2017 packed with family events. With traditional opportunities available as well as special events, the Maple Leaf City offers tourists and families a variety of fun as the season changes. Celebrate the cool and colorful season in Carthage!
- Red Oak II has a range of classic buildings that will take you back to yesteryear; wander aimlessly anytime from sun up to sun set.
- FREE -Route 66 Museum located inside the Jasper County Courthouse. The Museum display features timeline highlights of the history of the automobile in America and Route 66. www.jaspercounty.org
- FREE – Stop by the CVB office to pick up a Visitor’s Guide featuring a Historic Driving Tour of the homes of Carthage.
- The last FOOD TRUCK FRIDAY of 2017 – catch it in Central Park on September 8.
- The Carthage Golf Course features a beautiful 18 Hole Championship course and driving range located on Route 66. www.carthagegolfcourse.com
- FREE – Participate in the Governor’s 100 mile challenge; hike on the historic Ruby Jack Trail or a bike ride at Walnut Bottoms Trail.
- Find a long lost secret at the Jasper County Records Center.
- FREE – Carthage Historic Downtown Art Walk on September 22. www.carthageartwalk.org
- Follow up with movie night on the Courthouse Lawn – Enjoy Meet Me In St. Louis with Judy Garland at 8:30 pm on September 22.
- Antique Military Vehicles on the Square 11:30 am – 2 pm on September 24.
- Stroll through the gardens at the Stations of the Cross & the Congregation of the Mother Co-Redemptrix.
- NEW “Everything Chocolate through the Decades” a gourmet tasting experience to raise money for the Carthage Senior Center and local Meals on Wheels.
- Oktoberfest on the Square October 6.
- Join the 3rd Annual Lobster Boil with Carthage Historic Preservation on October 7.
- FREE – The Civil War Museum features exhibits from the Civil War in Missouri including correspondence from families in the area as well as several works featuring the Civil War in Carthage by Andy Thomas.
- FREE – Celebrate 175 years of Carthage with an exhibit at Powers Museum. www.powersmuseum.com
- Burgers at the Woodshed Burger House.
- Cool down with a sweet treat – Braum’s, Peck & Jen’s, Sonic or McDonald’s.
- Heat things up at Mother Road Coffee. Read a whole book in one day and eat a brownie too.
- Ultimate Date Night – Book a room at the Grand Avenue Bed & Breakfast Or Boots Court.
- Taco Tuesday at Taqueria los Huaches.
- Lucky J Steakhouse and Arena has a variety of fun events. Check out their calendar – www.luckyjarena.com
- Stone’s Throw Dinner Theatre presents Mind Over Matt.
- FREE – artCentral presents the work of Michael Steddum in “Unleashed: Dog Show” .
- MAPLE LEAF FESTIVAL
- A bag of burgers from ole reliable on Route 66 – Whisler’s .
- FREE – Latino Festival on October 14 in Central Park.
- Support the Carthage Rotary Club with Brats on the Square on October 20 & 21.
- NEW – Cruise Night has moved to the Square. Preview the Big Car Show on Friday, October 20.
- FREE – MAPLE LEAF FESTIVAL PARADE DAY starts at 9 am on October 21
- FREE – Precious Moments Chapel & Gardens features the life and work of Precious Moments artist, Sam Butcher. www.preciousmomentschapel.org
- Turkey Tacos at Taco Town.
- FREE – Watch the leaves fall in Central Park.
- FREE – Catch a few rounds of Disc Golf at the Disc Golf Course at Kellogg Lake!
- FREE – Shred some rails at the Carthage Skateboard Park.
- Hit the south side – shopping at Repurpose Boutique & Chandelier Barn Antiques and lunch with Taco 66 or Big Ben’s BBQ Station.
- Charity Costume Ball on October 28.
- FREE – Cruise Historic Route 66 throughout Jasper County.
- Browse at an Art Gallery: artCentral, Cherry’s Art Emporium on the Square, and Koka Art Gallery
- Treats on the Square October 31st from 3 pm to 5 pm.
- Antique shopping on the Historic Carthage Square at Goad’s, Oldie’s and Oddities, McBride’s and The Screen Door.
- An incredible themed buffet night at Rumor Has It.
- FREE – Check out the Calendar of Events at the Carthage Library. www.carthage.lib.mo.us
- Go bowling at Grace Lanes Bowling Alley.
- Grab sodas & ice cream and catch up with an old friend at the Carthage Deli.
- Fill a basket with goodies from the Carthage Farmers Market on Wednesdays and Saturdays on the Historic Carthage Square.
- Make sure the kids throw their hands in the air as you cruise over the Whee Bridge.
- Treat an excellent host to a customized fall basket from Annie’s.
- People watch on the square; listen to the fun accents of all the Courthouse photographers. Smile & welcome someone to town.
- FREE – PHOTOBOMB a Carthage statue and share #CarthageMO on Twitter and Instagram!
Bonus idea: Sign up for our e-mail information on more events in Carthage
Carthage Convention & Visitor’s Bureau
Twitter, Instagram, & Pinterest: @CarthageCVB