Fireworks used by individuals within the City of Carthage will be permissible only on the following dates and times:
- •July 3rd – 9AM to 11PM
- •July 4th – 9AM until 1AM July 5th
- •July 5th – 9AM until 11PM
Individuals caught using fireworks before or after the above mentioned dates and times, will be ticketed by the Carthage Police Department and your fireworks will be seized.
Important Note: The discharge of any firework is NOT allowed in municipal parks at any time.
The Carthage CVB offers a few tips for a fun and safe celebration:
- -Always read and follow label directions.
- -Have an adult supervise all fireworks activities.
- -Ignite outdoors, away from buildings and vehicles.
- -Keep a bucket of water handy or a garden hose.
- -Never experiment or attempt to make your own fireworks.
- -Light fireworks one at a time.
- -Never re-ignite malfunctioning fireworks.
- -Store fireworks in a cool, dry place.
- -Never throw fireworks at another person.
- -Never shoot fireworks in metal or glass containers.
- -Eye protection should always be worn by the fireworks shooter.
- -No part of the shooter’s body should be over the firework as it is being ignited.
- -Only use fireworks as intended. Don’t try to alter them or combine them.
- -Spectators should keep a safe distance from the shooter.
- -Alcohol and fireworks do not mix. Have a “designated shooter.”
- -After discharging aerial fireworks, wet down the paper shell casing before disposing of it in the trash.
- -Please be sure to clean up your trash after discharging your fireworks.